At a speed dating event, you only have a couple of minutes to impress that beautiful stranger sitting right in front of you. First impressions matter a lot, and you don’t want to mess everything by saying the wrong thing. Your goal is to stand out from the crowd, find out if the other person is a good match for you, and make sure they remember you.
The best way to do this is by asking open-ended questions that will inspire your date to speak about themselves. Your most important skill is listening to show them that they matter to you and keep the conversation going. Here are 100-speed dating questions to be remembered by:
Ice breakers and conversation starters:
1. Where did you get such a beautiful name?
2. What nickname do your friends like to call you and why?
3. What is the worse pick-up line that you have ever heard?
4. And what is your favorite pick up line?
5. Is it your first-time speed dating?
6. How did you find out about the speed dating event?
7. What made you want to try speed dating?
8. Has speed dating ever been successful for you?
9. What is the first thing that catches your eyes when you look at a man/woman?
10. What do you think is the best way for a man/woman to make a good first impression?
11. What is the easiest way to make you laugh out loud?
12. If you could describe yourself in five words, what would they be?
13. Can you tell me three fun facts about yourself?
14. What is the last thing that made you smile?
15. What do you like the most about yourself?
16. What is the best compliment that you have ever received?
17. What are you thankful for today?
18. Can you think of anything that brings you good luck?
19. What is one thing that you like to bring everywhere with you?
20. What kind of person did you wish you would meet tonight?
Career and Education:
21. What’s your job? / What are you studying?
22. What is the most important thing you learned at school?
23. What made you want to study this?
24. What is your best college memory?
25. If you could become a teacher, what would you like to teach?
26. If you could invent a class subject that doesn’t exist yet, what would it be?
27. What is the first job that you ever had?
28. What do you love the most about your job?
29. What does success mean to you?
30. What is one of the most common misconceptions about your job?
31. What is your most significant achievement?
32. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
33. What would be your dream job?
34. Do you think it is more important to have a job that you love or a job that makes you rich?
35. If you won one million dollars today, would you keep your job?
36. What could you one day be famous for?
37. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
38. What are you the proudest of?
39. Who is your biggest inspiration?
40. If you could start your own business, what would it be?
Next: 21 Questions for a New Relationship – Ready, Set, Ask
Friends and family:
41. Would you say you are an introvert or an extrovert?
42. Would you rather spend the evening watching a movie or going out with friends?
43. What do your friends think about you going speed dating tonight?
44. Did you go to the speed dating event with any of your friends?
45. Who is the first person you’ll call after this speed dating experience?
46. Who is the most important person in your life?
47. Who had the most significant impact on who you have become?
48. Who can you always count on when something goes wrong?
49. What is the best/worst advice you ever gave a friend?
50. How would your friends and family describe you?
51. Do you have any pets? Tell me about them.
52. Do you think men and women can be friends, or there is always some love involved?
53. If you could be speed dating with one celebrity tonight, who would it be?
54. What do you like to do when you hang out with friends?
55. What is something that most people don’t know about you?
56. Do you think I’d make a good first impression on your parents if I ever met them?
57. If you could give a piece of advice to your teenage self, what would it be?
58. When your best friend is feeling sad, what do you do to make them feel better?
59. Who had the most influence on you in your life?
60. If you could be stuck in an elevator with one person, who would it be?
Hobbies and Interests:
61. What do you like to do in your free time?
62. If you could be paid to do your favorite hobby full time, what would it be?
63. What is the last film/series/show you watched?
64. Do you have any secret talent?
65. Is there any special skill you could teach me?
66. Do you have a tattoo? What does it mean to you?
67. What is one thing that you simply cannot live without?
68. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
69. If you could choose a song to be the soundtrack of your life, what would it be?
70. If you could live in the universe of a book, which one would it be?
71. Which celebrity could play your role in the movie of your life?
72. Which movie title best represents your love life?
73. Are you reading any books right now? Tell me about them.
74. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
75. If you could be eating only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
76. If you could be granted three wishes, what would they be?
77. What is the next place where you want to travel?
78. What is one thing that you are obsessed with?
79. Which world record do you think you could break?
80. What is one very popular thing that you have no interest in?
Next: The Best 50 Date Night Ideas – Let Love Be our Drug
Things to be remembered by:
81. Do you think you’ll go on another date with someone you met today?
82. Is there one thing you need to tell me before the time is over?
83. What is one thing that you never want to regret?
84. What is your idea of a perfect date?
85. If we could leave this event right now to be together, what would you like to do?
86. Do you think love, at first sight, is possible?
87. What would you ask me if I swore to answer the truth?
88. What drink should I get you once this event is over?
89. How would you like our first kiss to happen?
90. Where is the best place where I could take you on a date?
91. What is one thing you would like to do if you know there would be no consequences?
92. What do you want to be remembered for?
93. How will you remember me?
94. What would you like to add to your bucket list?
95. Can you tell me about a good place nearby I can go to after the event?
96. Would you like me to drive you back to your place after the event?
97. If you had the chance to learn everything about your future, would you do it?
98. What would make you remember me when you go to sleep tonight?
99. If you could learn the answer to an existential question, what would you ask?
100. If the world were ending at midnight, what is the last thing you would like to do?