Are you a lover of riddles? If you or someone else loves animals, why not combine the two? Brain teasers are amazing to bond with family or include in parties and quizzes.
We get that riddles can be tricky, and people range from riddle beginners to riddle masters. Whether you want to entertain your kids or have some light-hearted fun, these head-scratchers are for you. Check out over fifty animal puzzles from easy to hard so you can find the right level for everyone.
Easy Animal Riddles
1. I fly in the air. I eat seeds and worms. I say, “Tweet, Tweet.” What am I?
2. I live in a bowl.
I can swim.
I have a tail.
I also have fins and big eyes.
What am I?
3. I like to hop around. I’m a tadpole when I’m young.
I am green and I croak. And catch flies with my long tongue.
What am I?
4. I’m an animal you might love But I’m too big to be your pet
I have an extremely long trunk. And it’s said I never forget.
5. You say “hey” but I eat it. I say “neigh”.
6. I hang upside-down on trees. I’m the opposite of busy bees. I sleep and sleep, I’m very slow, and on each foot I have three toes. Who am I?
7. I build a home of sticky string and catch my prey with a bite or sting. Who am I?
8. I have fish in my tummy
I would find you quite yummy
I swim, and I bite
I could give you a fright!
9. I munch leaves from treetops but my feet never leave the ground. What am I?
10. This is something black and white
But it’s not an old TV
It’s a type of animal
That starts with the letter Z
What animal is it?
11. I wear a tuxedo in the snow and skate on my tummy across ice, what am I?
12. I love honey, but I don’t like the bees
I have cubs
And sometimes climb trees
13. I slither around,
With my home on my back.
I’ve never been rich,
But I leave silver tracks.
14. I am small and colorful. I have got big wings. I live in gardens. I used to be a caterpillar. What am I?
15. I’ve got two big humps
And sand-colored hair
I live in the desert
And I spit, so beware!
16. You can hear me roar for miles around
I chase gazelles and don’t make a sound
I have a big mane
And a big pride
When it gets hot
In the shade, I hide
17. I’ll give you a butt if you get near my horns
Just like sheep, in the spring time I’m born
I’m not a cow but I can make cheese
I wear a bell so you can hear me with ease
18. I’m bigger than a house, scared of a mouse, have great big toes and a hose for a nose.
19. I like to hop around. I’m a tadpole when I’m young. I am green and I croak. And catch flies with my long tongue. What am I?
20. I’m grey and I say ‘Eeyore.’ What am I?
Medium-Difficulty Animal Riddles
21. I look like you except I have a tail, I am a good tree climber. I can mimic you very easily. I eat fruits, insects and flowers. My favorite food is bananas. What am I?
22. I’m bigger than a house,
And scared of a mouse.
I have great big toes.
And a hose for a nose.
23. What do elephants fear the most?
24. I am the biggest mammal that lives in the sea
You would be tiny if you swam near me
I blow water high up in the sky
I would be amazing to see, but I’m hard to spy
25. I like to grab nuts and hide them away
Sometimes I’m red and sometimes I’m gray
I scramble up trees, way way up high
Some of my cousins can even fly.
26. You can hear me in grass but I’m quite hard to see
I make chirping noises so you can find me
To move around and hop really high
If I get bored, sometimes I fly
27. I am yellow and have webbed feet. I can swim in the water.
28. I have arms that are longer than my legs. I have been taught sign language to communicate. Who am I?
29. I’m a king without a crown. What am I?
30. I join you at parties every year, but I never get to enjoy them. Who am I?
31. What time does a duck wake up?
32. Where did the sheep go on vacation?
33. Why do cows wear bells?
34. I have no eyes, legs, or ears but I can move the earth if you give me time. Who am I?
35. The strangest creature you’ll ever find: two eyes in front and many more behind.
36. What’s Orange And Sounds Like A Parrot?
Hard Animal Riddles
37. What do you call a horse that lives next door?
38. Why was the cow afraid?
Answer: He was a cow-herd.[/su_spoiler]
39. What can honk without a horn?
40. A Woman Stands On One Side Of A River, Her Cat On The Other. The Woman Calls To The Cat, Who Immediately Crosses The River Without Getting Wet, And Without Using A Bridge Or A Boat. How Did The Cat Do It?
41. What do you call a cow in a tornado?
42. I plow fields, but never sow. I’ve a corkscrew tail and snuffly nose.
43. Some people don’t like me when I am first born
I creep and I crawl until I transform
I’m all different colors, try and catch me
I have beautiful wings and I feel so free
44. I sip at nectar
But I am no bee
I don’t sing but I hum
Try and hear me
My wings move so fast, I’m a blur to the eye
I dart around, flying close to the sky
43. What animal is shy and always trying to hide from flying objects?
44. What kind of music do rabbits like?
45. I grow down as I grow up. What am I?
46. A Bird, A Squirrel, And A Monkey Are Climbing A Coconut Tree To Get A Banana. Who Will Be The First To Get To The Banana?
47. A Cat Can Jump 5 Feet High, But Can’t Jump Through A Window That’s 3 Feet High. Why Not?
48. A Black Dog Is Lying In An Intersection In A Town Painted Black. No Street Lights Are Working Due To A Power Failure. A Car With Broken Headlights Drives Towards The Dog But Turns In Time To Avoid Hitting Him. How Did The Driver See The Dog?
49. What’s At The Head Of An Elephant And The Tail Of A Squirrel?
50. My first’s in old but never in young, my second’s in whistled but never in sung. My third’s in lunar and in light, my whole is a creature that flies at night.
51. What did the duck say when he bought lipstick?
52. What does a cat have that no other animal has?
Animal Riddles Are Always Great Fun
Animal riddles are perfect if you want an enjoyable activity, to test your brain, or even learn something new. Give them a go and have some animal fun today.