Questions are very powerful things. They help people learn and understand things. They also make people think about things they may have never thought about before.
Lightening up the mood is another thing that asking questions can do. They can be silly and lighthearted. Questions can make you and those around you feel better when life feels dull or too complicated—especially dumb questions.
So, here are 100 dumb questions to ask your friends and family when you feel like people need a good laugh or something not-so-serious to think about.
13 Dumb Questions About Colors to Ask
There are millions of questions that can be asked that have to do with color(s). Here are some of them:
- Why’s the sky blue?
- Why’s the sun yellow?
- Why does red mean stop?
- Why does green mean go?
- If you could only see one color for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could rearrange all the colors in the rainbow, what order would you put them in?
- If you could hear colors, what would they sound like?
- Why’s the grass green?
- Why are firetrucks red?
- Why is black so dark?
- Why is white so bright?
- On each day of the week, you can only see one specific color, ex. Monday blue, Tuesday yellow. What color would you choose for each of the days and why?
- If you became colorblind, and the only way you could see colors again was to drink a liter of pickle juice a day, would you do it?
Next: 80 Funny Questions to Ask – Sorry, Not Sorry!-
15 Dumb Questions About Food to Ask
Questions about food are easy and fun ways to learn about other people’s preferences. They also are great opportunities to ask some weird ones to lighten the mood. Here are some food questions you can ask:
- Do brown cows produce chocolate milk?
- Is the moon made out of cheese?
- Are donuts just female bagels?
- Is a muffin the manly version of a cupcake?
- If you could swim in jello, what flavor would you prefer to swim in?
- If you had to dumpster dive every day to get your food, which dumpster would it be that you would choose to dive from?
- What’s your favorite kind of bean?
- If you could choose only one flavor of ice cream to eat for the rest of your life, what flavor would it be?
- What do you think the first thoughts were of the first person to every pop popcorn?
- Does pineapple belong on pizza?
- Why are vampires afraid of garlic?
- Does eating salsa make people want to salsa?
- Why are chilies called chilies when they are hot?
- If you could only eat potatoes one way, ex. Fries, mashed, baked, which way would it be?
- If you were to smell like a specific food for the rest of your life, which food would you want to smell like?
28 Dumb Questions About Animals and Bugs to Ask
The possibilities for asking dumb questions about animals or bugs are endless! Here are some silly and thought-provoking questions about animals or bugs you can ask:
- How wooly do you think mammoths used to be?
- Would it be more or less scary if spiders made noises?
- What came first, the chicken or the egg?
- What does the fox say?
- Would you instead be locked inside a cage with a tiger or lick peanut butter off a stranger’s foot?
- What would you do if there was a bear inside your closet?
- How many ants have you seen in your entire life?
- What would happen if squirrels became the same size as humans
- If dogs walked on 2 legs, how do you think they’d dance?
- What language would ducks speak if they could talk?
- If goose plural is geese, how come moose plural isn’t meese?
- But what if pigs could fly?
- If cats had thumbs, do you think they could take over the world?
- Would you rather own a dog the size of a car or a horse the size of a mouse?
- How many cows would it take to be able to kill an alligator?
- If cars didn’t exist anymore and you had to choose between riding a moose or an elephant every day to get around, which one would you choose?
- If you magically turned into a spider, what kind of spider would you want to be?
- Would you rather have a pet dog that meows or have a pet cat that barks?
- When bubbles come out of a fish’s mouth, is it because they are screaming?
- If you got a pet parrot, what would be the first thing that you teach it to say?
- Does a beer fart in the woods?
- Are flies called flies because they fly?
- Would you rather have stripes like a tiger or spots like a cheetah?
- Do stuffed animals feel lonely when you’re not home?
- If dogs could talk and sing, which breed would be the best singers?
- Are all ladybugs ladies?
- If you were a monkey, what type of monkey would you be?
- How many nuts do you think a squirrel can fit inside its mouth?
43 Completely Random Dumb Questions to Ask
Here are some completely random, dumb questions that’ll get people thinking some weird thoughts:
- What would you do if your neighbor turned into a werewolf?
- Do ghosts get scared of each other?
- If being able to fly costs you both of your legs, would you do it?
- Would it be weird if rocks were squishy like jelly?
- What are five things you could buy at a gas station to make the cashier look at you oddly?
- If you could replace all of the leaves in the world with something else, what would it be and why?
- If you could merge two different trees to create the ultimate tree, what two trees would it be, and what would that tree be like?
- If you were suddenly thrown into jail for no reason and your picture was posted all over the internet, what would it be that everyone you know thinks that you did?
- A wizard has put a curse on you, turning you into a door for 100 days. To be changed back to your normal self before the 100 days are up, you need to be able to get at least a thousand people to knock on you. What type of door would you be?
- All the people on Earth have disappeared into thin air. There’s only one other person besides yourself left. If you had to choose between the president, your neighbor, or charlie sheen to be your last earth companion, who would you choose?
- If you were famous for something, what would your friends and family say you’d be famous for?
- If you could create a new holiday for yourself to be celebrated globally, what day would it be, and what would its traditional activities include?
- Would you rather live somewhere hot and sunny every day or cold and rainy every day?
- If you had the option to become ruler of the entire world, would you do it?
- If you could travel into the future, how far into the future would you go?
- If you could time travel backward in time, how far back would you go?
- If you could travel through time and space to the ideal alternate universe, what would it be like?
- Instead of having normal human skin, would you rather be covered in fur, scales, or feathers?
- Would you rather have to go to sleep at the exact same time every night no matter what, or wake up at the exact same time every morning, despite how late you were up the night before?
- If you could skydive with any of the 46 US presidents, which one would it be?
- Is time real?
- Does space actually exist?
- Is the world flat?
- Does the sun turn off at night?
- If Earth was visited by aliens, do you think they would be friendly?
- What if black holes are just portals to other galaxies?
- Would you rather walk backward for a year or jump into a pool of ice-cold water every morning as soon as you woke up for 6 months?
- If you had your own country, what would your flag look like?
- If you could pick any song to be your theme song, what song would it be?
- Imagine you now can teleport but are only able to teleport to one destination. Which destination would you choose to be the only one you can teleport to?
- Would you rather be 2 feet tall or 12 feet tall?
- Would you rather have an extra ear or an extra eye?
- Are houseplants considered to be pets?
- There is a movie being made about your life. What actor or actress would be cast to play the role of you?
- Would you rather be a mermaid or a fairy?
- If someone were to narrate your life, who would you choose to do it?
- Why are goosebumps called goosebumps?
- If you had to live on an island for a year by yourself but afterward, you win $1 million, would you do it?
- Would you prefer to sound like a trumpet when you yawn or sound like thunder when you burp?
- If you could (safely) travel to another planet, which planet would you visit?
- Would you prefer to climb Mount Everest backward or army crawl across the Sahara desert?
- Where do balloons fly to when you release them into the sky?
- Would you rather know your entire future or forget about your entire past?