My family cannot spend more than one hour in a car together without someone’s life being threatened. What can I say? We’re not very patient people.
One year, to cut the tension and help pass time on the long drive to my aunt’s house for Christmas dinner, my sister started asking us Would You Rather Questions. I sat there, seatbelted into the family sedan, thinking about whether I’d rather eat pizza every day for a year or give up pizza for a year, and then debated my answer with my family. (My dad said he’d give up pizza for a year; what kind of monster could do that?) That car trip passed faster than any other in living memory, and now it’s a family tradition.
It’s also something I love to do with friends or coworkers, particularly those who I might not know as well. Would You Rather? Makes us articulate beliefs and preferences and values in a way that really lends itself to bonding.
So without further ado: forty-five Would You Rather Questions, broken up into a few different sections. Enjoy!
45 Would You Rather Questions
Travel / Environment
Would you rather take one vocation that lasts four weeks or four vocations that last one week?
Would you rather never set foot in your home country again, but be able to travel the world, or stay in your country forever and never be able to leave?
Would you rather have the ability to speak every language in the world, but never be able to read them, or read all languages in the world but never be able to speak them?
Would you rather live out of a car or live on a boat?
Would you rather lose your passport or lose your wallet?
Would you rather have to move cities every year (and never return) or never be able to leave the city you were born in?
Next: Most Likely To Questions
Food / Eating
Would you rather eat only fruit or vegetables for one year?
Would you rather have to eat one jar of jam every day for the rest of your life, or never be able to eat bread again?
Would you rather eat everything in your fridge right now, all by yourself, and then have free groceries for a year, or not do that, but have to pay an extra 10% on all your grocery bills for a year?
Would you rather eat a raw onion or two raw heads of garlic?
Would you rather have to cook every meal you’ll ever eat or go out to eat for every meal?
Would you rather give up meat or give up fruit? 
Would you rather eat all your food cold or all your food hot?
Would you rather eat an ounce of someone’s hair or drink an ounce of someone’s pee?
Would you rather never be able to throw away food again (even if it’s gone bad or you’re really full), or have to throw away half of everything you make / order / buy?
Would you rather have the only beverage you can drink be water or the only food you can eat be salad?
Would you rather have to eat dessert at every meal or never eat dessert again?
Next: This or That Questions
Morality / Values
Would you rather know how you’re going to die or when you’re going to die?
Would you rather have to tell on your best friend or boyfriend / girlfriend for committing a crime, or serve time on their behalf?
Would you rather be incredibly rich but have a bad reputation, or be liked by everyone but be forever poor?
Would you rather be homeless or be in prison? 
Would you rather kill one innocent, near-death person, or three people in middle-age who have committed violent crimes? (You have to kill them all yourself.)
Would you rather be President / Prime Minister of your country or famous actor/actress?
Would you rather be able to kill any three people (past or present) in the world, or would you rather be able to choose what age you will die at?
Would you rather be able to have prevented WWII or have prevented influenza?
Would you rather give up your phone or all other computers/tablets/e-readers in your life?
Would you rather never lose your phone again or never lose your keys again? 
Would you rather look good in every picture taken of you but never be able to take good photos of anyone or anything else, or look bad in photos but take great ones?
Would you rather publish your entire search history (going backwards, and from now on), or never be able to use a smartphone again?
Next: Truth or Dare Questions
Would you rather ask someone on a date and have them say no or never ask them? 
Would you rather have one best friend, but no other friends, or never have a best friend again but have lots of acquaintances / kind-of friends?
Would you rather have one good relationship, but always wonder if there was something better out there, or have several amazing, crazy-in-love relationships and periods of devastating heartbreak between them?
Would you rather have your family be disappointed in you or all your friends be disappointed in you?
Would you rather be in love with your best friend, or have your best friend be in love with you (in neither case is it mutual)?
Next: Knock Knock Jokes
Body / Style
Would you rather have skin like pineapple or coconut?
Would you rather have all the pimples you’ll ever have in your life on your body for three weeks and never get a pimple again, or get pimples at the regular rate for the rest of your life?
Would you rather cry from your mouth or talk out of your nose?
Would you rather always be overdressed or always be underdressed? 
Would you rather never be able to cut your hair or never be able to cut your nails? (If they broke naturally, that’d be okay.)
Would you rather only be able to wear one color for the rest of your life, or have to wear six colors every day?
Would you rather have $200,000 of debt added to whatever you might owe right now, and have to pay it off, or erase any debt you might have right now but never have a job that pays you more than $60,000/year?
Would you rather write the best book ever (that wins prizes and is read by everyone in the world) but you have to publish it anonymously, and no one ever knows you wrote it, or publish books under your own name but never have them become that famous or popular?
Would you rather find $50 every day and have to spend it that same day, or find $25 every day but be able to save it?
Would you rather faint at your wedding or your graduation?
Would you rather be trapped for an hour in a room full of mosquitoes or rats?
Would you rather live without music or movies for the rest of your life?
Would you rather experience life is slow motion or fast forward?
Would you rather brush your teeth with a hairbrush or your hair with a toothbrush?
Would you rather live a world with no toilet paper or no soap?
Would you rather have to go through life with no thumbs, or never know how to read?
Would you rather have to use cheese-flavored toothpaste or ham-scented deodorant?
Would you rather be able to silence anyone or anything you wanted at any time, but never be able to talk louder than a whisper, or talk normally but have to listen to two hours of your most hated pundit / podcast host / musical artist every day?
Would you rather have a bird come out of your mouth every time you laugh (it can be a small bird), or have a bird die every time you laugh?
Would you rather get stung by a mosquito every day or never be able to have a dog or cat?
Would you rather never be able to take a hot shower or never be able to wash your clothes in a washing machine?
Would you rather never be able to go to anyone’s wedding (your own included, you have to have a civil ceremony with only one witness) or have to go to a funeral every day?
Hardest Would You Rather Questions:
1. Would you rather marry the person you hate the most or let him/her marry your friend you love the most?
2. Would you rather sit alone in the house on the weekend or go and hang out with the most boring person in the world?
3. Would you rather live a low life with your loved one or rich life all alone?
4. Would you rather become one of the smartest but poor persons on the earth or the dumbest but rich?
5. Would you rather spend all your time with friends or spend all your time making money?
6. Would you rather have a high-profile job and no time for family or an average job with plenty of time for family?
7. Would you rather create something worth applause or get applause for something you never created?
8. Would you rather leave all your hobbies forever and get money or make money by practicing your hobbies?
9. Would you rather let people read your mind whenever they want or let them know your deepest darkest secrets?
10. Would you rather travel all around the world and spend all your money on it or live a sedentary life but have a huge bank balance?
11. Would you rather become a person with high influence on others or a person with powers to rule others?
12. Would you rather become blind and never see the world again or become deaf and never hear anything?
13. Would you rather stuck in the traffic and reach your destination late or reach at the time but find others late?
14. Would you rather get too much work and a high-speed internet connection or less work but poor internet connection?
15. Would you rather date someone you love or date someone who loves you?
16. Would you rather like to talk with your arrogant boss or with your egoistic colleague?
17. Would you rather prefer going to an amusement park with kids or a vacation with your friends?
18. Would you rather want to have a photogenic face or Photoshop skills?
19. Would you rather prefer spending all the money leisurely you get in a lucky draw or invest all of it in funds with the hope of getting more?
20. Would you rather prefer fine dining with someone who will pay in an expensive restaurant or make dinner at home with a loved one?
21. Would you rather have an empty house with no kids or a house full of kids making it a mess all the time?
22. Would you rather like to sleep all through your life or get insomnia?
23. Would you rather prefer being beautiful but dumb or ugly but smart?
24. Would you rather pick the job of your dreams or the one which is uninteresting but high paying?
25. Would you rather marry someone who is too attractive or be someone who is too attractive?
26. Would you rather listen to the same song all day every day for thirty days or not listen to any music for a year?
27. Would you rather never have sex or never find true love?
28. Would you rather go to jail for a crime you didn’t commit or have your best friend go to jail for a crime that you committed?