Pop quiz time! You may be thinking that you already know everything there is to know about your partner. But have you ever seen Mr and Mrs Smith? In this 2005 action-comedy movie, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt play your ideal, loving couple. However, unbeknownst to each other, the two spouses have a secret… they’re both spies, working for rival organizations!
Now, we’re not saying that your partner is actually a skilled secret agent, as cool as that would be. The point is, even the people we think we know the best may still have some surprises up their sleeves. So, to give you the opportunity to learn more about these unknown sides of your sweetheart, we concocted this 50-questions quiz to take as a couple!
Here is how it works: both your partner and you should have a copy of this quiz under your eyes. Answer the questions like you think your partner would. Once both of you are done, it’s time to compare your answers! For each question, take turns reading what you wrote. If you get answers right, congratulations! You can enjoy the sweet feeling of knowing your partner’s heart better than anyone else. And if you get some answers wrong? Then you now have the chance to discover something new about the one you love. So, remember, no panicking if you didn’t ace the whole quiz: after all, learning to know your partner is one of the most exciting parts of a relationship.
About their everyday life
Let’s start with a little bit of warm-up. If your partner and you have been together for a while, you probably know their routine and habits well enough to find this part quite easy. Be ready though, it gets harder later on! For now, try answering this question about your partner’s everyday life:
- What is your partner’s favorite food?
- What is your partner’s favorite TV show?
- What type of music does your partner enjoy listening to?
- What hobby makes your partner happy?
- What is your partner’s favorite color?
- What is the chore your partner hates doing at home?
- What is your partner’s perfect night out?
- On vacation days, does your partner prefer relaxing at home or going out?
- Who are your partner’s best friends?
- How long does your partner need to sleep at night?
About their life story
Our past life and experiences shape who we are. As the famous philosopher, Kierkegaard said, “Life can only be understood backwards.” If you genuinely want to know your partner, you need to learn more about the path that has led them to become the person they are now, and to you. Can you answer these questions about their life story?
- How many siblings does your partner have?
- How good is your partner’s relationship with their family?
- What is your partner’s happiest memory?
- What is your partner’s worst memory?
- What kind of student was your partner in school?
- What missed opportunity does your partner regret the most?
- What was your partner’s first job?
- How many romantic relationships did your partner have before meeting you?
- What kind of relationship does your partner have with their childhood friends?
- Has your partner ever experienced a painful loss?
About their goals and dreams
As a couple, chances are that you’re looking forward to spending a good chunk of your life with your partner. But are you sure your goals and plans align? According to couple therapists, it’s crucial to know about your partner’s projects for the future before the relationship can move forward. Here are some questions you should try to answer about your partners’ goals and dreams:
- How does your partner feel about having kids?
- Where would your partner like to live in the future?
- What is the dream job/promotion your partner would like to get?
- How does your partner feel about getting married?
- What is the quality or ability your partner would like to gain?
- What is the one dream your partner wishes to achieve the most?
- Where does your partner see themselves in 10 years, if everything goes as planned?
- What is your partner’s main apprehension about the future?
- If your partner gets the chance to take one long trip, where would they go?
- How does your partner think about life after retirement?
About their values
Now we are getting to what might be the trickiest part of this quiz. Many couples shy away from openly discussing their values and beliefs. What if they realize that they don’t share the same ones? Wouldn’t that start some arguments? In truth, values divergence is not necessarily a bad thing. According to psychologist and couple therapist James Creighton, author of Loving Through Your Differences, a relaxed chat on their conflicting beliefs can allow couples to find out that they have more in common than they expected. Have your partner and you already trusted each other enough to discuss this very personal topic, or do you still have a lot to discover? To find out which it is, try answering these questions about your partner’s values:
- What quality does your partner admire the most in a person?
- What flaw annoys your partner the most in a person?
- What are your partner’s political beliefs?
- How much time alone does your partner need?
- How does your partner feel about drugs and alcohol?
- What are your partner’s religious beliefs?
- What, according to your partner, would make the world a better place?
- Is your partner proud of their work?
- What does your partner enjoy the most about life?
- How would your partner behave during an argument?
About sex and relationships
Would it really be a couples quiz be without a part about love? It may sound obvious, but we often forget that everyone has their own views on romance, relationships, and sexuality. As world-famous couple therapist Gary Chapman puts it, we all have our “love language”, our own special way to receive and express affection. This is true both in everyday life and in the bedroom. So, to guarantee that you have yourselves a mutually enjoyable relationship, you should really make sure that you know your partners’ definition of what it means to get romantic… or naughty. Answer these questions about your partner’s views on sex and relationships to conclude this quiz on a sweet and spicy note!
- How does your partner like receiving affection (spending time together, physical touch, affectionate words, gifts)?
- What is your partner’s perfect date?
- How often does your partner like to have sex?
- What is your partner’s secret kink?
- What does your partner enjoy the most during sex?
- What is your partner’s favourite thing about you?
- What does your partner consider as cheating?
- How does your partner feel about his past romantic relationships?
- How does your partner feel about using toys during sex?
- What big goal would your partner like the both of you to achieve as a couple?
Congratulations, you’ve completed the quiz! It’s now time to compare your answers with your partner’s. Again, remember that it’s not a big deal if you got some answers wrong: you can now fill these gaps by having a nice talk with your soulmate. Plus, wouldn’t it get boring really fast if you knew everything about each other already?