I’m sure you are all familiar with the talking stage in a relationship. This is typically when you are trying to get to know the person more to see if they are the type of person you want to be with. Instead of the boring, old “What’s your favorite color?” “What do you like to do for fun?” “What are you doing?” questions which we hear all of the time, try out some of these fun topics next time you are trying to get to know someone over text.
Questions to ask a guy over text about family
Learning about someone and how they treat or value their family will ultimately tell you how they are going to treat and value you in a relationship.
- Who in your family are you most close with and why?
- In your family, who is the person that you look up to the most and why?
- Do you know anything about your family’s ancestry? If so, what is most interesting to you about it?
- Do you have any siblings? If so, how close in age are you guys and what is your bond like with them?
- If you could have the perfect family vacation, where would you go and why?
- Does your family have any holiday traditions? If so, which one is your favorite and why?
- How has your family shaped who you are today?
- Do you see your family playing a big part in your future once you start your own family?
- What is your favorite memory involving your family?
- Has your family influenced any of your past relationships, in either a good or bad way?
Questions to ask a guy over text about lifestyle
Getting to know what your potential partner does in their everyday life, as well as getting to know their interests is very important.
- What do you do for work and do you enjoy it?
- If you were offered your dream job, what would that be and why?
- If you were given the choice of only being able to read books or only watch movies for the rest of your life, which would you choose and why?
- Do you go to the gym? If so, what is your go-to workout?
- If you were going to take a personal day and spend time doing something you wanted to do, what would you do and why?
- Do you consider yourself to have a good work-life balance?
- When you are done with all of your daily tasks, what is your favorite way to unwind?
- What is one hobby that you have that you really enjoy and why?
- Do you play any video games? If so, what are your favorite ones to play?
- Do you prefer to eat a homemade dinner or eat out?
Next: 50 Intimate Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend So You Fall Deeper in Love
Questions to ask a guy over text about love
Learning about your potential partner and how they have dealt with love in the past can also help you learn more about them and your future with them.
- Have you had your first kiss yet? If yes, how old were you and where did it happen?
- How many serious relationships have you been in in the past?
- How many sexual partners have you had?
- Looking back on your past relationships, is there anything you regret?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- What is your love language: words of affirmation, receiving gifts, physical touch, acts of service or quality time?
- When did you lose your virginity?
- What is your ideal first date?
- What is something that made you end a relationship right away?
- What is the top quality you look for in a partner?
Questions to ask a guy over text about goals and values
One important thing to know about your potential partner is their goals in life and what they value. You want to make sure that their goals and values align with yours, as people with similar goals and values are good matches for one another.
- What is one short term goal that you set for yourself that you hope to achieve within the next year?
- Who is your celebrity role model?
- What is a long term goal that you set for yourself that you hope to accomplish in the next five years?
- When it comes to values, what is the number one thing in your life that you value the most?
- Do you pay more attention to someone’s inner beauty or their outer beauty?
- What helps you get through everyday life?
- What do you think or plan for your life to be like in ten year time?
- Are you spiritual in any way?
- What is your number one priority in life?
- What does success mean to you?
Next: 50 Questions to Ask A Guy
Light-hearted fun questions to ask a guy over text
I know that some of the questions that I presented can be tough or awkward to talk about, however, they are very crucial. Here are some light-hearted questions to ask your potential partner to break the ice.
- If you were to win big in the lottery, what would you do with the money?
- If you were only able to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would you choose and why?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- If you could be famous for anything, what would you choose and why?
- If you had the means to live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
- Would you rather be able to go into the past and meet your great-great-great-grandparents or be able to go into the future and meet your great-great-great-grandchildren and why?
- What is your dream car and why?
- Do you speak more than one language? If yes, what other languages do you speak?
- If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you choose and why?
Next time you are chatting with someone over text and you want to get to know them more, refer here to spice up your texts. Instead of leaving the conversation dry, spruce it up with some of these questions.
Dating for Girls:
82 Questions to Ask A Guy
How To Tell If A Guy Likes You
How To Tell If A Guy Likes You Over Text
21 Questions for a New Relationship
50 Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
75 Questions To Ask Before You Get Married
20 Things to Talk About with Your Partner
20 Questions Girls Are Afraid To Ask Guys