There’s nothing trivial about a really great set of trivia questions. They have the power to bring a group of family and friends together for a really great time. Check out our curated list of the top 100 trivia questions – then let the fun and games begin!
20 General Trivia Questions Any Earthling Should Know
1. Which Nordic country is known as the “Land of Fire and Ice”?
2. We all know Hawai’i is the Big Island but which of the Hawaiian Islands is second-largest?
3. Which country is called the “Teardrop of the Indian Ocean?
Answer: Sri Lanka
4. What color are most zebras under their stripes?
5. The ostrich is from Africa and the rhea from South America. Where is the kiwi from?
Answer: New Zealand
6. Nocturnal animals are active at night. Crepuscular animals are active when?
Answer: Dusk and dawn
7. What are you if you think being called an “ailurophile” is just purrfect?
Answer: A cat lover
8. What is the most popular pet, globally?
9. What jersey number did Michael Jordan wear for most of his career?
10. Ice hockey is Canada’s national winter sport. What is the Canadian national sport in summer?
11. How many bones are in the adult human body?
12. A child’s first set of 20 teeth are known as what dairy-sounding name?
Answer: Milk teeth
13. What connects your muscles to your bones?
14. Sirius, the brightest star in the night sky, also goes by which animal name?
Answer: Dog Star
15. Which planet of the Solar System is the hottest?
16. Solid, liquid, or gas – which one does sound travel fastest through?
17. Alfred Nobel (of Nobel Prize fame) invented what explosive item?
18. Which British archeologist discovered the tomb of Tutankhamun, the Boy King?
Answer: Howard Carter
19. In what year did Neil Armstrong become the first person to walk on the moon?
20. The Chernobyl Disaster took place in which country in 1986?
Feed Your Inner Foodie with These 20 Food & Drink Trivia Questions
1. The steak cut from the narrow tip of a beef tenderloin traditionally goes by what name?
Answer: Filet mignon
2. Which animal is traditionally used when truffle-hunting?
3. A sommelier is trained to advise you about what beverage?
4. Red Burgundy wine is traditionally made from which type of grapes?
Answer: Pinot noir
5. Gin, apricot brandy, and which fruit juice go into making a paradise cocktail?
Answer: Orange juice
6. Sodium bicarbonate is the active ingredient in which common household product?
Answer: Baking soda
7. Which compound gives tomatoes their red color?
8. Which nutrient is most associated with tissue growth and repair?
9. What is another name for vitamin B1?
10. What does the UHT on milk labels stand for?
Answer: Ultra-high temperature processing
11. The cavity magnetron oscillator can be found in which common kitchen appliance?
Answer: Microwave oven
12. Browned foods get their distinctive taste from which reaction named for a French chemist?
Answer: Maillard reaction
13. Which sea creature is called calamari when served as food?
14. What is sheep meat known as?
15. Which chemical gives chili peppers their deliciously spicy flavor?
16. The outer reddish covering of nutmeg is used to make which spice?
17. The Crocus sativus flower gives us the world’s most expensive spice. Can you name it?
18. Why is wood pulp (or cellulose) added to shredded cheese?
Answer: As an anti-caking agent
19. What is the color and number of the amaranth food dye banned in the US since 1976 but still legal in the UK?
Answer: FD&C Red No. 2
20. Founded in 1921, it is known as the world’s first fast food hamburger chain. Can you name it?
Answer: White Castle
20 Music Trivia Questions to Get You into the Swing of Things!
1. The “Do-Re-Mi” or “Doe, a deer, a female deer” song is from which 1959 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical?
Answer: The Sound of Music
2. At least how many copies of an album have to be sold before it can gain platinum certification from the RIAA?
3. What did Freddie Mercury credit for his enhanced vocal range?
Answer: His four extra teeth
4. Bob Marley became the most well-known name in Reggae music after starting out as part of which group?
Answer: The Wailers
5. Four of the original Jackson 5 were Tito, Michael, Jermaine, and Marlon. Who was the fifth brother?
6. With over 10 Grammy Awards to his credit, what is the stage name of the singer Kenneth Edmonds?
7. The Beach Boys gave us a 1988 number one hit named after which fictional place “off the Florida Keys”?
8. Amy Lee is lead vocalist and pianist for which rock band whose name means “disappearance”?
9. Which song by rapper Flo Rida topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart for 10 consecutive weeks in 2008?
10. Which British boy band held all top-5 positions on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the week of 4 April 1964?
Answer: The Beatles
11. Which fairytale-sounding name will you find on the birth certificate of rapper Vanilla Ice?
Answer: Robert Van Winkle
12. Which 1970’s Swedish pop supergroup formed its name using its members’ first initials?
13. Which group, named for an entire continent, had a smash hit in 1986 with “The Final Countdown”?
14. AC/DC, INXS, and Air Supply are all rock groups from which continent?
15. Eddie Vedder is best known as front man for which band?
Answer: Pearl Jam
16. What was Elvis Presley’s middle name (no, it wasn’t The King!)?
17. The banjolele is a hybrid of which two instruments?
Answer: A banjo and a ukulele
18. Most modern pianos, including the baby grand, have how many keys?
19. American jazz and country musician Les Paul is credited as one of the pioneers of which type of guitar?
Answer: Solid-body guitar
20. World most famous cellist Yo-Yo Ma was born in which European country?
We’re All-Ears for These 20 Disney Trivia Questions!
1. Which legendary Disney character was the first cartoon character to receive a plaque on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
Answer: Mickey Mouse
2. Who was the original voice of Mickey Mouse?
Answer: Walt Disney
3. Walt Disney wrote which actor’s name as his last words?
Answer: Kurt Russell
4. Walt Disney died in 1966 during the production of which film?
Answer: The Jungle Book (1967)
5. Which modern Disney princess isn’t really royalty?
6. Which Disney princess has the least to say in her movie?
Answer: Aurora (from Sleeping Beauty)
7. Who is recognized as Disney’s first African American princess?
Answer: Princess Tiana (from The Princess and The Frog)
8. Disney’s smash hit High School Musical had its television premiere in which year?
9. Which 1940 Disney movie was only shown in 14 theatres worldwide due to its complicated audio track?
10. Which computer animation studio produced the Disney films The Incredibles (2004), Ratatouille (2007), and Up (2009)?
11. What was the name of the blue whale which swallowed Pinocchio and his father?
12. The song “Hakuna Matata” is from which 1994 Disney movie?
Answer: The Lion King
13. Five of the Seven Dwarfs were Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy, and Dopey. Who were the other two?
Answer: Doc and Bashful
14. Who plays Cruella De Vil in the 1996 live action version of 101 Dalmatians?
Answer: Glenn Close
15. Peter Cullen voices Optimus Prime in the original 1980s Transformers cartoon and which Winnie the Pooh character?
16. Joaquin Phoenix voices the lead character in which 2003 Disney animated film?
Answer: Brother Bear
17. Lindsay Lohan played the role of freckled twins in which 1998 Disney film?
Answer: The Parent Trap
18. Two water parks, 36 hotels, and how many theme parks make up Walt Disney World?
19. Hotdogs, animal crackers, or chewing gum – which one is NOT sold at Disney parks?
Answer: Chewing gum
20. The World Showcase in EPCOT holds what item taken from Ground Zero after the 9/11 terrorist attacks?
Answer: An American flag
Entertain Your Brain with 20 TV, Movies and, Pop Culture Trivia Quiz Questions
1. Name any two of the five James Bond films Daniel Craig has starred in?
Answer: Casino Royale (2006), Quantum of Solace (2008), Skyfall (2012), Spectre (2015), and No Time to Die (2021)
2. In Dirty Dancing (1987), Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey do their final dance to which song?
Answer: (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life
3. Which 2019 Korean film became the first foreign-language film to win Best Picture at the Academy Awards?
4. What was the name of Jerry’s neighbor across the hall in Seinfeld?
Answer: Cosmo Kramer
5. Which actor played the lead role in the long-running TV series MacGyver?
Answer: Richard Dean Anderson
6. How many castaways were there on Gilligan’s Island?
7. Which actress plays Agent Peggy Carter in Captain America: The First Avenger?
Answer: Hayley Atwell
8. Thomas “Tommy” Shelby is the crime family leader in which BBC 2 drama?
Answer: Peaky Blinders?
9. The character Jeff Tracy on Thunderbirds had what profession before becoming leader of the International Rescue team?
10. Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels star in the original, prequel, and sequel of what film?
Answer: Dumb and Dumber
11. Rae Dawn Chong stars opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger in which 1985 Action film?
12. Which 1927 musical marked the end of the silent film era?
Answer: The Jazz Singer
13. What famous line is creepily said by Jack Nicholson’s character as he sticks his head through a door in The Shining?
Answer: “Here’s Johnny!”
14. “My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion is the main theme song for which blockbuster film?
Answer: Titanic (1997)
15. Which movie from the Marvel Cinematic Universe is the highest-grossing film of all time?
Answer: Avengers: Endgame (2019)
16. Which rags-to-riches film starring Dev Patel won eight of ten Academy Award nominations?
Answer: Slumdog Millionaire (2009)
17. The Teletubbies are Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa Laa, and Po. What is the color of each of their costumes?
Answer: Tinky Winky – purple; Dipsy – green; Laa Laa – yellow; and Po – red
18. Who along with Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox was a female lead in the hit TV series Friends?
Answer: Lisa Kudrow
19. Future Bond girl Halle Berry won the 2002 Academy Award for Best Actress for her role in which film?
Answer: Monster’s Ball (2001)?
20. Which actress appeared in all 115 episodes of the 1976 – 1981 TV series Charlie’s Angels?
Answer: Jaclyn Smith
That Was Awesome!
Take a moment to catch your breath then be sure to check out the other amazing quizzes in our lineup. Whether for kids, date night, or a virtual family get-together, you know we’ve got you covered!