Words of affirmation are a common love language and reminding your significant other you love them is an important part in any relationship. Just telling them – “I love you” is easy. But giving them reasons why can be even more special.
Even a simple comment made during the day can linger in their mind for hours afterwards and leave them feeling loved and wanted. The best part is – it works for everyone! Even in long-distance relationships, you can send messages in a text, DM or voice note, so there’s nothing stopping you.
We’ve compiled 70 sweet & cute things to say to your boyfriend that you can use just because.
Compliment his appearance
Everyone worries about how they look. It’s always nice to be complimented – especially by your other half. A lot of the time you put in the effort for them and to know they think you look like a million dollars can mean a lot. So don’t hold back on the compliments! It will make him feel great.
- You are so handsome.
- I love everything about you.
- You smell amazing!
- I get lost in your eyes.
- Your hair looks so soft.
- Your smile makes me melt.
- Wow, you’re so strong!
- Those arms look like they could protect me.
- You’re so cute when you laugh.
- You are perfect.
Tell him you’re proud
To know someone is proud of you often makes you want to work harder. So telling him how proud you are will boost his confidence and he’ll really feel like he’s appreciated. He might not hear it that often, so don’t forget to drop it in every now and then!
- I’m so proud of you.
- You’re so determined.
- You’re doing amazingly.
- Everyone looks up to you.
- You’ve come so far, look at you now!
- I always notice the little things you do.
- I love being by your side through everything.
- You are incredible.
- I’m always here for you.
- I knew you’d smash it.
Next: 50 Intimate Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend So You Fall Deeper in Love
Let him know he’s appreciated
He probably does things for you that might even go unnoticed. Whether it’s looking after you when you’re sick, buying you flowers or working long hours to support your family – he needs some recognition for his hard work. It can go a long way and reassure them that you notice even the little things.
- You make me a better person.
- Just a simple ‘Thank you’
- I appreciate everything you do.
- I admire everything about you.
- Thank you for loving me.
- You’ve done so much for us.
- I feel so safe when I’m with you.
- I’d do anything to see you smile.
- Let me know what I can do to help.
- I’ll always support you.
How does he make you feel?
When you’re with the right person, it can feel like the honeymoon phase is ever-lasting. Keep the sparks alive by letting him know just how amazing he makes you feel.
- You make me feel so loved.
- I’m always happy when you’re here.
- I love how you make me laugh.
- I know I’ve found my soulmate in you.
- You make me feel like I can do anything.
- No one can stop us when we’re together.
- I can be my whole self around you.
- You bring out my inner child.
- I feel at peace with you in my life.
- I’ll always know I made the right choice with you in my life.
Make him laugh
Even if you’re not the romantic type – you can use always use a bit of humour or sarcasm to show your love. Keep it light-hearted and your relationship will stay fun forever.
- I’ve fallen for you and I can’t get up!
- You’ve got a pizza my heart. (You could send a pizza emoji with this one!)
- You’re the Mickey to my Minnie.
- You’re the Tom to my Jerry.
- I’m crazy about you! Or maybe I’m just crazy…
- Hey! You stole the key to my heart. Give it back!
- I love you with all my butt. I’d say my heart, but my butt is bigger.
- I can’t wait to get old and wrinkly with you.
- You’re just like sugar. You make my life so much sweeter!
- I can’t wait to annoy you forever and ever…
How does he make your life better?
Tell him just what it is that makes you love him. What does he give you that brightens up your day and gives you a reason to smile?
- I look at you every day and wonder how I got so lucky.
- Anywhere is home when I’m with you.
- I love you more and more every day.
- You give me a reason to smile every day.
- I look at you and just know… we’re meant to be.
- I tell my friends about you all the time.
- I love how you cheer me up when I’m upset.
- You always know the right things to say.
- You brighten up any room you walk into.
- Everyone you meet just thinks you’re amazing.
Next: 21 Exciting Games For Couples
Tell him how lucky you are.
Nothing shows more appreciation than telling someone how lucky you feel to have them in your life. He might think he’s the lucky one, but he’ll really feel like your one and only when you tell him these things.
- My whole family love you.
- You became one of the family on day one.
- My friends love having you around.
- I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect person to love.
- You don’t choose who you fall in love with, but fate did a damn good job.
- I’ve never met anyone else like you.
- You complete me.
- I’m the luckiest person in the world.
- You seem too good to be true.
- I can’t believe you chose me.
There’s no better feeling than someone loving you. So use these 70 cute things to say to your boyfriend as a way of showing him just how much you love him.