There is a special appeal to the supernatural in on-screen entertainment, and “The Vampire Diaries” is no exception. Whether you’ve seen the whole show once or are on your ninth rewatch, there is something unwaveringly addicting about watching the drama unfold amongst vampires, werewolves, witches, and every supernatural being in between. With that being said, if you’re bored and want to test your own knowledge or are having a game night with your friends, this list of “The Vampire Diaries” trivia questions is perfect for you.
(Warning: Spoilers ahead)
1. What is the first line of the show?
2. How old is Elena Gilbert when she and Stefan Salvatore first meet?
3. What is Damon Salvatore’s first line?
4. In what season of the show does the font of the introductory “The Vampire Diaries” change?
5. What is Bonnie’s first indication that she’s a witch?
6. Who is the first person to get turned into a vampire in Mystic Falls in season one and who are they turned by?
7. How many episodes does it take for Elena to figure out that Stefan is a vampire?
8. What is Stefan’s astrological sign?
9. What is the name of the Mystic Falls High School history teacher that Alaric Saltzman replaces?
10. Why does Stefan give Elena the necklace that used to belong to Katherine Pierce/Petrova?
11. What does Mason Lockwood search for when he returns to Mystic Falls?
12. In what year does Katherine give birth to the daughter her father takes from her? a.
13. Who figures out that Katherine is back and how?
14. What is the name of the warlock that Bonnie befriends and is later discovered to be working for Elijah Mikaelson?
15. What is the theme of the school dance that Elena and co. use to try to kill Klaus?
16. Who chops off John Gilbert’s fingers?
17. How do you cure a werewolf bite?
18. Which vampire gives Jeremy Gilbert their blood in case he decides he wants to become a vampire?
19. Why did Caroline Forbes end up in the hospital where Katherine kills her, turning her into a vampire because Damon’s blood is in her system?
20. Besides Stefan, who else in Mystic Falls catches Katherine’s eye?
21. In season 3, where do Alaric and Elena (and unknowingly, Damon) go to look for Stefan?
22. What are Klaus and Stefan hunting in season 3?
23. Where and when did Stefan first meet Klaus?
24. Who is Klaus’ first successful hybrid?
25. What is Dr. Meredith Fell’s secret to treating her patients?
26. What is the name of the original Petrova doppelganger?
27. When were the Original vampires created?
28. What is the name of Finn Mikaelson’s girlfriend?
29. Why does Alaric start to go crazy and blackout?
30. What does Klaus send Caroline ahead of the formal ball his mother, Esther Mikaelson, is hosting?
31. Whose blood is in Elena’s system when she becomes a vampire?
32. What can Jeremy, but no one else, see that indicates he is a potential future vampire hunter?
33. In order to learn how to keep her hunger under control, who does Elena feed on?
34. What is The Brotherhood of the Five?
35. What is the name of the professor that took over for Bonnie’s Grams at Whitmore College?
36. When Damon helps Elena learn to feed at the Whitmore College murder-themed party, what song plays as they dance and feed?
37. Who figures out that Elena is sired to Damon?
38. Why does Elena burn down her childhood home and turn off her humanity?
39. Where is the cure for vampirism hidden?
40. How does Elena know Pastor Young’s daughter, April Young?
41. Which famous singer guest stars on the show as Megan King, Elena and Caroline’s third roommate who is murdered?
42. Where has Stefan been for the whole summer that everyone has been looking for him?
43. What is the name of Stefan’s doppelganger?
44. Who becomes the anchor to the Other Side?
45. What is the name of the witch who created the spell for immortality?
46. What is the secret, anti-vampire organization that Elena and Caroline’s professor, Wes, is a part of?
47. What is the name of the first immortal woman and the earliest known ancestor in the Petrova bloodline?
48. Which season does Enzo, played by Michael Malarkey, make his first appearance?
49. Which unlikely pair spends a summer in a fling-style relationship traveling the world together?
50. What does Wes do to the recently turned Jesse?
51. While under the impression that Damon, as well as Bonnie, are dead, how does Elena cope?
52. Who do Damon and Bonnie meet in their newfound time looped world?
53. In an effort to figure out how to reverse the spell the Travellers put on the Mystic Falls border, who drops out of college?
54. As he tries to live a normal life sans Damon, what job does Stefan take?
55. What celestial event does Bonnie plan to draw on in order to send herself and Damon home?
56. Dr. Laughlin, aka Jo, is unable to be compelled by Alaric. Why?
57. Where do Damon, Alaric and Stefan go looking for answers from the Gemini Coven?
58. In a surprising turn of events, it’s discovered that Jo is related to twins Luke and Liv Parker, the gang’s latest warlock and witch acquaintances, as well as Kai. How are they all related?
59. Stefan meets a girl who claims to be the niece of the Salvatore brothers’ uncle Zach, Sarah, but she turns out to be an imposter. What is the girl’s real name?
60. While trying to bring Bonnie back, Elena and Damon end up in a different prison world than they intended. Who do they find in this prison world?
61. Some witches and warlocks are unable to do magic without siphoning it from others or supernatural beings like vampires and werewolves. Lily’s chosen family consists of many of these siphoners that are also vampires, therefore giving them a constant source of magic to draw from. What is the name for these supernatural beings?
62. Where do Damon, Alaric and Bonnie travel to in order to cope with their grief at the beginning of season seven?
63. What is the name of Stefan’s first love, who also happens to be one of Lily’s ‘children’?
64. What is the Phoenix Stone?
65. Where do Caroline, Alaric and the twins, Lizzie and Josie, move to?
66. How many lives does Rayna have until she dies permanently?
67. Who ends up destroying Rayna’s sword?
68. What is the name of Matt’s fiancé?
69. Who does Lily want to free from the Phoenix Stone?
70. In a three-year flashforward, who becomes Bonnie’s boyfriend?
71. What type of supernatural creature is Sybil, Damon and Enzo’s captor.
72. Alaric and his interns explore a cave that ends up containing ancient artifacts with connections to Greek history. What are the names of the two recurring interns throughout season eight?
73. What family member does Matt unexpectedly reconnect with after Damon almost kills them?
74. What is the name of the world’s first psychic who creates and becomes the leader of Hell?
75. Sybil and Seline have a plan to offer up the twins to Cade in exchange for the freedom of their souls. What does Stefan do to prevent this?
76. Why can Bonnie hear Enzo talking to her after he dies?
77. Caroline has always wanted to have her wedding during which month of the year?
78. In the series finale, which character makes a surprise return after escaping Hell?
79. How does Damon become human again?
80. What do Caroline and Alaric do with the Salvatore house?