DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, APPROACH A GIRL WITHOUT THESE QUESTIONS ON HAND. Trying to start a conversation with a girl but don’t know where to begin? Here is a list of 118 funny questions girls would love to answer. Ladies love a good sense of humor, so grab her attention with some hilarious, witty, and thought-provoking questions to keep her interested!
Jump directly to the funny questions
First, here are 20 questions to break the ice. Figure out what this girl is all about. What are her interests, hobbies, and activities she likes? Is she into movies, TV shows, and media? Does she adore animals? Is she a dog person or a cat person? What does she like to do on the weekends? Hold onto these answers, they will be useful later!
1. What is your Hogwarts House?
Most girls today are obsessed with Harry Potter. Even if she hasn’t seen all the movies or read the books, she will have definitely taken the House quiz to see if she is a brave and passionate Gryffindor, ambitious and goal-oriented Slytherin, analytical and creative Ravenclaw, or loyal and determined Hufflepuff?
2. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
This is actually a very intuitive question. If she prefers cats she may take a bit longer to open up, be very independent, and plans her social activities carefully. If she prefers dogs she may make connections easily, be very goal-oriented and driven, and loves to spend time with friends.
NOTE: This is not the case for ALL girls. Do some digging to figure it out!
3. What was your favorite subject in school?
Is she logical and analytical? She may say math. Does she love history and culture? She might say history. Or does she love to play sports and stay active? She may pick a gym class.
4. When is your birthday?
This may be a critical question if you believe in astrology. This will also give you an idea of what kind of birthday parties she had growing up. Summer babies spent the day outside in the sunshine. Winter babies went bowling.
5. What is your favorite holiday?
This will give you a good insight on things she values. Family-oriented girls may like Thanksgiving or Christmas. Other girls may love the idea of dressing up for Halloween or celebrating Independence Day.
NOTE: Maybe this girl is from another culture or practices another religion! This would be a great time to ask about Diwali, Ramadan, Hanukkah, Chinese New Year, Eid al-Fitr, Dia de Los Muertos, or Kwanzaa.
6. What is your favorite band/ singer?
This will let you know what music style she’s into. Does she love rock and roll? Is she into soft acoustic? Maybe she likes a little bit of everything.
7. What is your biggest irrational fear?
This one is usually very surprising. You may get a common answer like spiders, heights, or small spaces. Or you might hear something that begs a story. Is she absolutely terrified of sandcastles? Does she cry at the sound of trumpets? Maybe wait to unpack that at a later date.
8. Do you have a big family?
This question will give you a good idea about what family gatherings are like. Does she have 25 people in her house for birthday parties? Or are gatherings small and intimate?
9. Does she have any siblings?
What was it like for her to grow up with 5 brothers? Maybe she is an only child? Is she the caring and responsible oldest child? Is she the rebellious and free-spirited middle child? Or the protected and giving youngest child?
10. What was your favorite TV show growing up?
Was she a Saturday morning cartoon girl or did she watch The Price is Right with grandma?
11. What movie scared you as a child?
This question is usually met with a hilarious response. Is she still unable to watch Coraline to this day? Did her parents let her watch Saw? Does she still close her eyes every time Maleficent appears in the fireplace in Sleeping Beauty? (That one isn’t personal at all…)
12. What was your favorite vacation growing up?
This will tell you more about her background. Did she enjoy weekend camping trips with her family? Is Disney World her favorite place on earth? Has she hiked mountains in the Rocky’s? Is she more of a beach-goer?
13. What is your biggest pet peeve?
This will give you an example of what not to do! Is she infuriated by loud chewing? Does she hate when people are rude to retail workers and waiters? Will she give you a death stare if your grammar isn’t perfect?
14. What was your favorite food growing up?
Chicken nuggets is almost a guaranteed answer. If she was a picky eater you might hear peanut butter and jelly and macaroni and cheese. If her parents made her try new things she might have actually enjoyed spinach and sushi as a child.
15. What is your favorite food now?
Does she still crave nuggets daily or have her tastebuds expanded their horizons?
16. What is your favorite Disney movie?
Girls love Disney, and even if she’s not obsessed there’s almost guaranteed to be at least one movie she likes. Is she a Pixar fan? Does she love the classics? Or does she freak out because she can’t decide?
17. What TV show are you currently binge-watching?
This will give you a good idea about what genres she’s interested in. Is she rewatching The Office for the 18th time? Is she a documentary buff? Or is she a huge fan of reality TV?
18. What is a hobby you have kept up with since childhood?
This answer will tell you exactly what she likes to do in her free time. Is she an avid soccer player? Bookworm? Has she been painting since she was in kindergarten? Has she knitted sweaters for everyone in her family? TAKE NOTES!
19. Who is your hero?
This will give you an idea about what her values are! Does she admire her mom? Women’s Rights activist Susan B. Anthony? Holocaust Survivor Elie Wiesel? Frida Kahlo? Ellen DeGeneres? The Pope?!
20. Pineapple on pizza?
This comical question sparks a decade-long debate about one of the most important foods in our culture. Does she like pineapple on her pizza? Or is that a crime against humanity?
Awesome, you’re off to a great start! You’ve made it through the first round and hopefully gotten to know a little more about this girl. Now that we’ve tested the waters we can go ahead and ask funny questions.
Funny Hypothetical Questions to Ask A Girl:
21. If animals could talk, which would be the most annoying?
22. Which cartoon character would be the easiest to fight?
23. What would you do during the purge?
24. Which actor would you like to trade places with?
25. If you lost your feet, what would you do?
26. Which color tastes the best?
27. If you were an instrument what would you be?
28. What is the least attractive sound in the world?
29. If your life was a movie, who would play the main character?
30. What is one body part you could live without?
31. If you were a fruit, which one would you be?
32. Which U.S. President would make the best sugar daddy?
33. Which Winnie the Pooh character do you relate to the most?
34. Which movie villain would you go on a date with?
35. Which Spongebob character would make the best roommate?
36. Would you slap your mom for 100 dollars?
37. Would you slap your mom for 200 dollars?
38. Which kitchen appliance would you like to see come to life?
39. Which food would make the best weapon?
40. Which character in Clue would you be?
41. Which type of cheese matches your personality?
42. If you robbed a bank where would you hide the money?
43. If your pet could talk, what is the first thing you would say to him/her?
44. Which sea creature would you be for a day?
45. If you were a plant what would you be?
46. If you were arrested what would be the crime you committed?
47. Which of the seven dwarves would make the best husband?
48. If you had your own reality TV show what would it be called?
49. Which Thanksgiving food do you relate to the most?
50. Which Teletubby would bust you out of jail?
51. Which Teletubby would get you into jail?
52. Which fast food mascot is most likely to be a serial killer?
53. What would you do if you found a racoon in your bedroom?
54. Which Scooby Doo character would you trust with your life?
55. If you were a writing utensil which one would you be?
56. If you were a whale which species would you be?
57. Which celebrity are you most likely to stalk?
58. What would you do during a zombie apocalypse?
59. Which Mario Kart character would be your racing buddy?
60. Which planet would you rather live on?
61. If you had to choose one food to eat for the rest of your life what would it be?
62. Which time period do you identify with?
63. Which of the founding fathers would make the best boyfriend?
64. Which dinosaur would you like to bring back?
65. Which animal would you like to go extinct?
66. Which Avenger would make the best Maid of Honor?
67. Which fairytale creature would throw the best party?
68. Which type of tree would you rather have surrounding your house?
69. Which famous wizard would make the best mentor?
70. If you owned a bar/restaurant what would it be called?
Here are some ‘Would you rather?’ questions to really make her think!
71. Would you rather only eat pizza for the rest of your life or never eat pizza again?
72. Would you rather have fingers made of carrots or eyes made of grapes?
73. Would you rather turn into a bird or turn into a fish?
74. Would you rather spend the night with a celebrity or a notorious criminal?
75. Would you rather grow a tail or grow wings?
76. Would you rather be nked in public or throw up during your wedding?
77. Would you rather eat a whole stick of butter or drink a whole bottle of ketchup?
78. Would you rather spend one day with your ex or with Dolores Umbridge?
79. Would you rather have overly large feet or really small hands?
80. Would you rather be in the center of a famous public scandal or sleep for a year?
81. Would you rather go one year without shampoo or one year without toothpaste?
82. Would you rather have a pegged leg or a hook for a hand?
83. Would you rather be forced to run everywhere you went or never walk again?
84. Would you rather eat raw meat or 50 pounds of potatoes?
85. Would you rather have a really annoying laugh or bad breath?
86. Would you rather be missing an eye or be missing all your teeth?
87. Would you rather get lost in the jungle for one year or be trapped underground for 6 months?
88. Would you rather have a sleepover with Ursula the Sea Witch or Cruella De Vil
89. Would you rather have uncontrollable gas for the rest of your life or cry every hour for the rest of your life?
90. Would you rather find out you were adopted or find out you’re made of cheese?
91. Would you rather join a flock of geese or a herd of cattle?
92. Would you rather drink only strawberry milk or soda for the rest of your life?
93. Would you rather poop your pants in public or lick a gas station toilet?
94. Would you rather spend Christmas by yourself or with your family plus all your ex’s?
95. Would you rather eat an entire denim jacket or badly sing the National Anthem in front of millions of people?
Finally, here are a few more intriguing and funny questions to get this girl laughing.
96. What was the best excuse you made up to call in sick?
97. Which Shrek movie is the worst?
98. What is a gross food you actually enjoy?
99. Do you pee in the shower?
100. Do you like piña coladas and getting caught in the rain?
101. Do you find Kocoum from Pocahontas attractive?
102. What is the weirdest thing you’ve done for money?
103. What fruits do you find sexy?
104. What is your worst bathroom experience?
105. Have you ever been caught staring at someone?
106. Have you ever been kicked out of a public place?
107. What is your go-to karaoke song?
108. Who is the sexiest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle?
109. Is cereal just cold soup?
110. Is pizza technically a salad?