The modern world has a lot of challenges, new products every day, keeping up with all the information we get bombarded with, and the ever-changing political climate…
That being said, one of the BEST things about nowadays is being able to communicate with our friends online and on our phones on platforms like, Snapchat.
And, who doesn’t love a good emoji, right?!
Well, I LOVE emojis!
But, have you ever wondered what the emojis you send your friends every day actually mean?
Let’s have a look at the 20 most popular Snapchat emojis and their meanings…
20 Most Popular Snapchat Emojis!
– What do the Snapchat emojis mean?
1. The Pretty Pink Love Hearts 💕
What does the Snapchat 💕 Two Hearts emoji mean?
Snapchat Emoji Meaning – If you see these beautiful pink hearts next to your friend, it’s a sign that they are your best friend. Snapchat automatically puts these hearts next to the person who you have been in contact with the most over a 2 month time period.
So, it’s certain that the person with these hearts means a lot to you.
2. The Loving Red Heart 💓
What does the Snapchat 💓 Beating Heart Emoji mean?
Snapchat Emoji Meaning – Unlike the two pink hearts, the red heart symbolises the beginning of long-term friendship. It means you’ve been best friends for two weeks.
If your friend remains a red heart for long enough, they’ll be converted to pink hearts in no time!
3. The Happy Yellow Heart 💛
What does the Snapchat 💛 Yellow Heart Emoji mean?
Snapchat Emoji Meaning – Just like all the important things in life, Snapchat rewards the people that matter the most in your life.
So, if you’re asking yourself: What does the snapchat yellow heart emoji mean?
Well, it means that you’ve sent the most emojis to this special person on your Snapchat. It’s a true sign of friendship.
4. The Sweet Smile 😊
What does the Snapchat 😊 Smiling Face with Smiling Eyes Emoji mean?
Snapchat Emoji Meaning – This lovely smile represents a close friend, but not your best friend. It means that someone is one of your eight closest friends.
It’s a sweet smile for a sweet friend.
5. The Friendly Grin 😬
What does the Snapchat 😬 Grimacing Face Emoji mean?
Snapchat Emoji Meaning – This emoji shows that you have a mutual friend with one of your friends on Snapchat. It’s a great way to share connections on the platform and form new friendships.
6. The Sunglass Face 😎
What does the Snapchat 😎 Smiling Face with Sunglasses Emoji mean?
Snapchat Emoji Meaning – Similar to the friendly grin, this face with the sunglasses shows that you and another user have a friend that is close to you both.
Basically, your best friend is also one of their best friends.
7. The Burning Fire 🔥
What does the Snapchat 🔥 Burning Fire Emoji mean?
Snapchat Emoji Meaning – The flame is a sign that you’ve been sending snaps consistently to your friend for several days in a row.
The more flames, the more you’ve been having a Snapstreak with that person.
8. The Hourglass Emoji ⌛
What does the Snapchat ⌛ Hourglass Emoji mean?
Snapchat Emoji Meaning – However, sometimes the fire burns out, right?
And, if you don’t keep putting on logs then the flame will eventually disappear.
This emoji appears when the Snapstreak is about to end. It’s a sign your time is running out, and you better up the snaps!
9. Happy Birthday! 🎂
What does the Snapchat 🎂 Birthday Cake Emoji mean?
Snapchat Emoji Meaning – This one is pretty straightforward…
If the cake appears next to one of your friend’s names, then it’s their birthday!
So, wish them a Happy Birthday!
10. 💯 The Hundred
What does the Snapchat 💯 Hundred Points Symbol Emoji mean?
Snapchat Emoji Meaning – The 💯 is a celebration that you’ve had a 100-day Snapstreak with someone.
11. The Shiny Star ⭐
What does the Snapchat ⭐ Star Emoji mean?
Snapchat Emoji Meaning – If you see the shiny star next to someone, it means that someone has replayed their snapchat in the past 24 hours.
12. Baby Face 👶
What does the Snapchat 👶 Baby Emoji mean?
Snapchat Emoji Meaning – Have you ever wondered, what does the snapchat baby emoji mean?
Babies always mean one thing, youth. So, this emoji means that your friendship has just been born!
13. Zodiac Signs ♈♉♊…
What does the Snapchat Zodiac Signs ♈♉♊ Emoji mean?
Snapchat Emoji Meaning – Some people might have a zodiac sign instead of a birthday cake. It just tells you their birthday.
14. Sparkles ✨
What does the Snapchat ✨ Sparkle Emoji mean?
Snapchat Emoji Meaning – The emoji represents several little pieces of glitter, which represents each special person in group chat.
The sparkles are for group chats.
15. Smirky Face 😏
What does the Snapchat 😏 Smirking Face mean?
Snapchat Emoji Meaning – The smirky face shows that you’re their best friend, but they’re not yours…
You can also change emojis to personalise your Snapchat.
For example here are some more:
1. The Devil 😈 – This can be for your BF.
2. The Cheeky Monkey 🙉 – This can be for one of your close friends.
3. Pumpkin 🎃– This can symbolise your group chats.
4. Bomb 💣– The bomb is the perfect replacement for the fire Snapstreak emoji.
5. Ghost 👻– A ghost is great for a new, spooky friend!
How to Block Someone on Snapchat
- Open Snapchat on your phone.
- On the lower right corner of the screen in the Snapchat application is the drop-down menu. When you click on this button will open a list of friends.
- By scrolling through the list of friends you can find and select the person that you want to block.
- By clicking on the name of a friend you want to block, it will show the three options. On iOS as well as on Android devices, the third option is “Block”. Click on the Block button to block the annoying person.
- When you get back to your friend list, you will see that the person which you have blocked has a big red LOCKED icon above her name.
How to Know If You’re Blocked on Snapchat?
When someone blocks you, they will not get any of your messages, and they will not appear anywhere. There are three main ways to see if anyone has blocked you.
- First, you can check your contact list. There, you will see all your other friends. If that person does not appear, you are blocked.
- Another sign would be that you cannot search for their username when you look through your list of contacts, or when trying to add a new friend. Just write the name of that person, and if you are not getting anything, you’re probably blocked.
- Try to send a message to that person, if you do not get an answer for a long time, or simply your message did not reach the recipient, most likely you used to be blocked.
There are so many fun emojis on Snapchat and it can be hard to understand them all when you first sign up…
That’s why this article is here to help you understand all the different emojis, so you can have fun sending snaps to your new friends!
Happy Snapping! 🔥📱