Who doesn’t love wine? It’s more than just a beverage that goes with dinner. Wine is a lifestyle. It’s the central feature of many book clubs and women’s get-togethers. It can even make cooking a lot more fun.
Why not spice up your next girl’s night with a fun wine quote? Or you could cross-stitch one of these as a gift for a wine-loving friend. You might have seen one of these in a frame as a home decor item. We’ve got 40 of the best quotes from famous wine lovers, including Ernest Hemmingway and Julia Child. Wanna class up your next wine-and-paint night? Try one of these!
40 Wine Quotes and Sayings
1. In vino, veritas!
2. Wine a little, laugh a lot!
3. I always cook with wine, occasionally I’ll even add it to the food.
4. It’s wine time!
5. Fine wine is like a wife, I can’t afford either.
6. Wine and friends are a great blend. – Ernest Hemingway.
7. Red red wine goes to my head, makes me forget that I still need her.
8. Wine is the answer. What was the question?
9. I love everything that is old; old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines. -Oliver Goldsmith, The Vicar of Wakefield.
10. Love, like wine, gets better with time.
11. Wine is bottled poetry. -Robert Louis Stevenson
12. Had a bad day? Wine about it.
13. Uh-oh, out of alcohol. Better call wine-one-one.
14. A good day starts with good coffee, and ends with good wine.
15. The connoisseur does not drink wine but tastes of its secrets. – Salvador Dali
16. If a glass of wine is good for you, imagine what a bottle can do.
17. Some women are made of sarcasm, wine, and everything fine.
18. Winner winner, wine and dinner.
19. Wine is, perhaps, the closest thing the planet has to an elixir of life. – Thom Elkjer
20. Home is where the wine is.
21. Wine is sunlight held together by water. – Galileo
22. Wine improves with age. The older I get, the more I love it.
23. Save water, drink wine!
24. Wine makes all things possible. – George R. R. Martin
25. Oh wine. The cause of, and solution to, all life’s problems.
26. Age appears best in four things: Old wood to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust and old authors to read. – Francis Bacon
27. Wine brightens the life and thinking of anyone. – Thomas Jefferson
28. A sitch with wine saves nine!
29. I am a woman, hear me pour!
30. He who does not love women wine and song remains a fool his whole life long.
31. Wine brings to light the hidden secrets of the soul – Horace
32. My only regret in life is that I did not drink more wine. – Ernest Hemingway
33. Wine is not just an object of pleasure, but an object of knowledge; and the pleasure depends on the knowledge. – Roger Scruton
34. All wines should be tasted. Some should only be sipped, but with others, drink the whole bottle. – Paulo Coelho
35. I have novinophobia: the fear of running out of wine.
36. Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. – Homer
37. Wine is a living liquid containing no preservatives. Its life cycle comprises youth, maturity, old age, and death. When not treated with reasonable respect it will sicken and die. – Julia Child
38. In dog wine, I’ve only had two glasses.
39. Give me wine to wash me clean of the weather-stains of cares. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
40. Men are like wine – some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age. – Pope John XXIII