What do you remember from Sunday School as a child? Do you remember what was discussed in service this past week? Are you ready to have your Bible knowledge challenged? Here are 200 Bible trivia questions to make you think and maybe challenge your friends with. These questions are divided into three classes; beginner, intermediate, and expert. Don’t worry, all of the answers are supplied to confirm your notion.
For the Beginners, or kids:
1. Who wrote Ephesians?
2. True or False: Profitable means useful
3. Who said “Fear not, Mary: for you have found favor with God.”
Answer: Angel Gabriel
4. Fill in the blank: But the fruit of _____ _____ is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control.
Answer: The Spirit
5. At what event did Jesus turn water into wine?
Answer: Wedding at Cana
6. On which day did God create the sun, moon, and stars?
7. In Romans 15:13, God is called the God of ______
8. What is the name of the tree that Adam and Eve were not allowed to eat from?
Answer: Tree of knowledge (of good and evil)
9. True or False: To look forward to something God has promised is Majesty
Answer: False – Hope means To look forward to something God has promised
10. What is death the payment for?
11. Who said “I heard Thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.”
12. How many days did God work to complete creation?
13. Who are Adam and Eve’s sons?
Answer: Cain, Able, and Seth
14. _________ baptized Jesus.
15. How many books in the Bible are named after women?
Answer: 2- Ruth and Esther
16. What is the last word in the Bible?
17. What town was Jesus born in?
18. Who said: “My God hath sent His angel, and hath shut the lions’ mouths.”?
19. What animal did God use to speak to Baalam?
20. What three gifts does the Bible say baby Jesus received?
Anser: Gold, frankincense, myrrh
21. Which part of Adam’s body was removed to create Eve?
22. What type of book is Ephesians?
23. Romans 3:23 says that who has sinned?
24. Who was the book of Titus written to?
25. Who did God have to say “Let my people go, that they may hold a feast unto me in the wilderness.”
26. Which books are The Gospels?
Answer: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John
27. What word or phrase means giving somebody something good that he or she doesn’t deserve
28. Question: Who wrote Romans?
29. Who walked on the water toward Jesus?
30. Fill in the blank: Thy word is a _____ unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
31. The Bible is divided into 2 sections, what are they called?
Answer: Old and New Testament
32. Who said that our salvation is not by works?
33. What word or phrase means things someone might do to try to be good enough to be saved?
34. Fill in the blank “of every tree of the _____ thou may freely eat”
35. Which King threw Daniel into the Lions den?
36. How many days and nights was Jonah in the belly of the fish?
37. Fill in the blank: In the beginning, God created the heavens and the _________.
38. Who built the first altar to God?
39. What did John the Baptist eat while preaching in the wilderness?
Answer: Locust and honey
40. Who said “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”
41. What is the last book of the Old Testament?
42. Fill in the blank: Trust in the _______ with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
43. True or False: James, Titus, Philemon and Joel are all in the New Testament
Answer: False – Joel is Old Testament
44. According to Revelation 4:11, how much of creation did God create?
Answer: All of it
45. What can God NOT do According to Titus 1:2?
46. Who was the book of Romans written to:
Answer: The Church in Rome
47. What is the b for in Revelation 4:8b?
Answer: The second part of the verse
What gift did Peter tell the people they would receive if they repented, according to Acts 2:37-47?
Answer: The Holy Spirit
48. Joseph helped the cupbearer who was in prison with him. What happened when that man got out, according to Genesis 40:23
Answer: The man did not remember him
49. Who said “Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”
50. Who was described to Satan as “a perfect and an upright man”.
51. What does God expect from us according to 1 Peter 1:15-16?
Answer: To be holy
52. What was the last plague of Egypt?
Answer: Death of first born
53. God promised the Israelits a land flowing with what?
Answer: Milk and honey
54. What river was Jesus baptized in?
55. True or False: Hosea is in the Old testament.
56. What book of the Bible comes right after Luke?
57. What does the first verse in the Bible tell us that God created?
Answer: The heavens and the earth
58. Who wrote the book of Revelation?
59. According to Genesis 1, How many men did it take for sin to enter the world?
60. Who said “Am I my brother’s keeper?”
61. According to Genesis 37:28 Who was sold by his brothers as a slave?
62. What word or phrase means asking God to forgive your sins and choosing to follow God
63. What did David take into battle instead of Saul’s armor in 1 Samuel 17:37-40?
Answer: Five stones and his sling
64. True or False: Moses fully obeyed the command given in Genesis 12:1.
Answer: False – He took Lot
65. He wrote and collected from others, short sayings that help us make wise choices. Who was he?
Answer: King Solomon
66. Who do you read about being blameless in Job 1:1?
67. According to Proverbs 1:7 who despises wisdom and discipline?
Answer: Proverbs 1:7 – The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
68. What book of the Bible immediately precedes Numbers
Medium: For those who are paying attention
69. What kind of tree did Zacchaeus climb on to see Jesus?
70. Who commanded the sun and moon to stay still so that his armies could continue fighting by daylight?
71. Who said: “Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear.”
72. God blinded Saul on the road to Damascus. For how many days was he blinded?
73. Who was the youngest king mentioned in the Bible?
Answer: Josiah – he was only 8
74. Which prophet was taken to heaven in a whirlwind?
75. What can we receive from God according to Hebrews 4:16
Answer: Mercy and Grace
76. Who said that our salvation is not by works?
77. How are you saved, according to Ephesians 2?
78. According to Romans 3:23, how many have sinned?
Answer – All
79. Why did Paul say that our salvation is not by works in Ephesians 2:8?
Answer: it is the gift of God, so that no one can boast
80. Fill in the blank: Aaron and Hur held up ______ _______during the Israelite battle with the Amalkites.
Answer: Moses’ arms
81.Psalms is a collection of how many songs?
82. How many epistles (letters) are there in the Bible?
Answer: 21 – the books following Acts: Romans, 1-2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1-2 Thessalonians, 1-2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James 1-2 Peter, 1,2,3 John, Jude
83. What book of the Bible is 2 books after 2 Chronicles?
84. What did Jesus promise His disciples in John 16:33?
85. Paul tells us in Romans 1 that God has two invisible qualities. What are they
Answer: Eternal power and divine nature
86. Who said “My son, God will provide Himself a lamb for a burnt offering.”
87. Which 4 books in the bible are predominately about Jesus’ life on earth?
Answer: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
88. Which book in the Bible has the most chapters?
89. Who wrote the most books in the Bible?
90. How many plagues did God send to Egypt?
91. In John 14:26, Who did Jesus say that God would send?
Answer: The Holy Spirit
92. Jeremiah was ordained to be a what to the nations in Jeremiah 1?
93. Who told the writers of the Bible what they should write down?
Answer: The Holy Spirit
94. According to Proverbs 30, every word of God is what?
Answer: B – True/flawless/pure
95. Which of these options contain two of the original ten commandments:
Answer: You shall have no gods before me and remember the sabbath day by keeping it holy
96. Who wrote Jeremiah?
97. According to John 14, what did Jesus say was the ONLY way to have a relationship with God?
Answer: Through Him/ Jesus
98. What does the earth do when God is angry, according to Jeremiah 10?
99. Who said: “Go and search diligently for the young child; and when you have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.”
Answer: King Herod
100. Which verse is Paul’s prayer that God will be with us all?
Answer: May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and The Fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14
101. Which of these is NOT a fruit of the spirit?
102. In which verse does God tell Abram to pack everything up and move?
Answer A: Genesis 12:1-2 The LORD had said to Abram, “leave your country, your people and your father’s household and go to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; , I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.”
103. Who wrote Genesis?
104. Who was the wisest man who has ever lived?
Answer: King Solomon
105. In Deuteronomy 18:18, whose words will be in the Prophet’s mouth?
106. Which book in the New Testament talks about Jesus Christ’s birth?
Answer: Luke (2:1-7)
107. The final words of the book of Matthew are called what?
Answer: The Great Commission
108. How many people were saved in one day in Acts 2:41?
Answer: About 3000
109. This man was told by God to tell the gospel to everyone, not just the Jews. Who was he?
110. Who said: “Lord, if it’s you, tell me to come to you on the water.”
111. God told Solomon he could have anything he asked for. What did Solomon ask God for?
112. In what town did Jesus grow up?
113. How much was Judas paid to betray Jesus?
Answer: 30 pieces of silver
114. Who saw Elijah being taken into heaven?
115. What was Matthew’s job before he became a disciple of Jesus?
Answer: Tax Collector
116. Who was Moses’ older brother?
117. Who ate honey out of a lion’s carcass?
118. What is the shortest verse in the Bible?
Answer: John 11:35 – Jesus wept
119. Which New Testament book talks about Jesus being baptized?
Answer: Mark (1:9-11)
120. Who was told in Genesis 12:1 to leave his country?
121. Who testified to everything he saw in Revelation?
122. Who is our advocate with the Father, according to 1 John 2:1-2?
Answer: Jesus Christ
123. What two animals had God protected David from?
Answer: Bear and lion
124. Who wanted David to wear King Saul’s armor in 1 Samuel 17:37-40?
Answer: King Saul
125. True or False: Nothing can separate us from the love of God.
Answer: True – Romans 8:38-39
126. After Joseph was accused of doing something he didn’t do, what happened to him, According to Genesis 39:20-21?
Answer: He was put in prison
127. Who told the jailer what he had to do to be saved According to Acts 16:3?
128. What book of the Bible is 2 books before Obadiah
129. Who said: “What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?”
130. According to Hebrews 4:12, the word of God is what?
Answer Living and active
131. Who said: “Let me die with the Philistines!”?
132. Who was the first martyr?
133. What is the first commandment?
Answer: You shall have no other gods before Me
Hard – give these a try and see if you are a Biblical scholar:
134. Who were the books of Luke and Acts written to?
Answer – Theophilus
135. Where did Moses flee to after killing an Egyptian?
136. Which tribe of Israel did Moses belong to?
137. What city did Cain build?
138. What Philistine city was Goliath from?
139. Who is speaking in Revelation 4:11?
Answer: 24 elders
140. In which verse does David tell us that God is our refuge?
Answer: Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
141. True or False Peter was married?
Answer: True (Matthew 8:14)
142. What does Matthew 10:30 tell us that God knows about us?
Answer: The number of hairs on our head
143. Where is the great commission found?
Answer: Matthew 28:19-20
144. What verse in the New Testament tells us that we were not saved because of our good works?
Answer: Titus 3:5
145. What do the heavens declare in Psalm 19:1?
Answer: The glory of God
146. Fill in the blank: Because God has revealed Himself to be a powerful Creator and God, Romans 1:20 says that people are without _________ when it comes to not knowing Him?
147. What are three things that Jesus said He is, according to John 14:6?
Answer: The way, truth and life
148. Which of these are part of the original ten commandments:
Answer: Honor your father and mother
149. Why did Abraham buy the field in Machpelah?
Answer: As a burial place for Sarah
150. Who told Naaman to wash in the Jordan river 7 times to cure his leprosy?
Answer: Elisha’s messenger
151. Philippians 4:4 tells us to _________ in the Lord
152. Who was Jacob’s first son?
153. How many pairs of every kind of clean animal did Noah take onto the ark?
Answer: 7 (Genesis 7:3)
154. What does Revelation 4:8b tell us that God is?
155. How many wives did King Solomon have?
Answer: 700 (1 Kings 11:3)
156. What was Timothy’s mother’s name?
Answer: Eunice (2 Timothy 1:5)
157. Jonah 1:5 says that Jonah was somewhere in the ship. Where was he and what was he doing?
Answer: Jonah was in the lower part of the ship sleeping
158. When Solomon was old he wrote a book about all the ways he tried to find happiness but failed. He finally figured out the only things that have value. What book was this?
159. Whose message was “Believe in the Lord Jesus”?
160. What book of the Bible is 2 books before 1 Kings
Answer: 1 Samuel
161. Which books are the books of Wisdom?
Answer: Job, Psalms, Proverbs,Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon
162. What is the shortest book in the Old Testament?
163. Which book of the Bible was written by a doctor?
164. What island did Paul get shipwrecked on?
Answer: Malta (Acts 27-28)
165. Who took Jesus’ body off the cross?
Answer: Joseph of Arimathea
166. Korah led a revolt against Moses; he died, along with all his co-conspirators, when God did what?
Answer: The earth swallowed them all up
167. When Joseph and Mary brought baby Jesus to a temple in Jerusalem, who were the two people there that recognized Jesus as the Messiah?
Answer: Simeon and Anna (Luke 2)
168. How old was Moses when he died?
Answer: 120 (Deut. 34:7)
169. What was the second plague of Egypt?
170. Who was King David’s father?
171. How many brothers does the book of Mark tell us that Jesus had?
172. Who did Jesus refer to as a fox?
Answer: King Herod (Luke 13:31-32)
173. How many pearly gates are in Heaven?
174. How many demons were cast out of Mary Magdalene?
175. What did Jezebel do just before she died?
Answer: Put on makeup (2 Kings 9)
176. Who was the mother of Abraham’s first son?
177. Jabin, king of Canaan, oppressed the Israelites for 20 years. How many chariots of iron did he have?
Answer: 900 (Judges 4)
178. Which commander did Deborah’s prophecy say would die at the hands of a woman?
179. Who called down a curse, then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two boys?
Answer: Elisha (2 Kings 2)
180. To which classification does the book of Jonah belong?
181. What was the method of legalizing transactions of redemption or property in Israel?
Answer: One person took off his sandal and gave it to the other (Ruth 4:7)
182. Who came to visit Jesus at night?
Answer: Nicodemus (John 3)
183. Which queen served before Esther?
184. Who was told to prophesy to dry bones?
185. Who took 100 prophets and hid them when Jezebel slaughtered the Lord’s prophets?
Answer: Obadiah (1 Kings 18)
186. Who sold a field he owned, brought the money, and laid it at the apostles’ feet?
Answer: Barnabas (Acts 4:37)
187. Who did God promise that “four generations of your sons will sit on the throne of Israel”?
Answer: Jehu (2 Kings 10:30)
188. Who went down into a pit on a snowy day and killed a lion?
Answer: Benaiah (1 Chron 11:22)
189. When an ox stumbled, someone reached out and touched the ark of the covenant, and was struck dead. Who was he?
190. What is the reference for this verse: For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.
Answer: Ephesians 2:8-9
191. What dwells in you if you have trusted Jesus as your Savior according to Romans 8:11?
Answer: The Spirit
192.Jesus gave one final promise in Matthew 28:20, what was it?
Answer: He would be with them always
193. How were Paul’s teachings passed on according to 2nd Thessalonians 2:15?
Answer: Mouth or letter
194. In Deuteronomy, how long did Moses say that God would keep His covenant of love for those who love Him?
Answer: A thousand generations
195. Who sold a field, lied about the price, and then dropped dead?
Answer: Ananias and Sapphira
196. According to Mark 12:30 What are the things you are told to love God with ?
Answer: all your heart, soul, mind, and strength
197. In Psalm 33:8-9, how did God create everything?
Answer: He spoke and it came to be
198. After Elijah told Ahab there would be no rain, Elijah hid. Who brought him food?
Answer: Ravens (1 Kings 17)
199. Who said “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
Answer: John (1 John 1:9)
200. What did Jesus heal Bartimaeus of?
Answer: He was blind (Mark 10:46)
Who said “Can there be any good thing to come out of Nazareth?”
Answer: Nathanael (John 1:46)
Who replaced Judas as the 12th apostle?
Answer: Matthias (Acts 1)
What animal did Jesus compare false prophets to?
How many years were the Israelites in Egypt?